This Vegan Orange and Poppy Seed Loaf went down a treat in our house! I had seen a few recipes around and in our usual style, tweaked a few to come up with this one. Funnily enough, it doesn’t have egg or an egg replacement! Yay for vegans! It’s really tasty and can be frozen for later (if it lasts!). We decided to put a little icing drizzled over the top which has some powdered sugar and orange juice (not something we do often!) but it made the top nice and it kind of pooled around the base.. yum!
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1 Tb orange zest
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 180 / 350 degrees.
- Add flour, poppy seeds and zested orange rind to a bowl and mix together. Make a well in the centre.
- Pour in the juice, milk and maple syrup and stir to combine.
- Add the coconut oil or vegan butter and stir through.
- Pour into a lined loaf tin and place in the oven for 35 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine the powdered sugar and juice to make your drizzle.
- Drizzle and devour!