Granola (or Muesli as it’s known in Oz!) is a favourite in our house. We have tried so many different store bought ones but after making this Nutty Granola for the first time a few years ago, we haven’t looked back. It’s full of flavour and knowing it has clean and natural ingredients makes all the difference. Have a serve for breakfast with your choice of milk and some fresh fruit on top, or sprinkle it over yoghurt for a yummy snack. It makes about 15 half cup serves.
- 4 cups oats
- 1 cup raw sliced almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 Tb cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large baking dish (big enough to fit 10 cups plus stirring room).
- Mix oil, syrup and vanilla in a jug (melt in the microwave if needed).
- Pour over dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Place baking dish into oven and bake for 10 minutes. Keep a watch on it to make sure it doesn’t burn on the top.
- Stir mixture and bake for another 10 minutes.
- If you like it super crunchy, give it another stir and leave in the oven for another 10 minutes, but don’t overdo it!
- Remove from oven and allow to cool in the dish.
- Pour into an airtight container and store in the pantry.