This Super Seed Slice is so handy to have in the freezer to grab for a snack or pack in lunchboxes. It’s super quick to make, press out and slice up. Most slices and raw balls I make are made with nuts so it’s nice to mix things up a bit! Why are seeds so good for you? They are a great source of omega-3 and omega-6, they have a high fibre content, and a high protein level for their size. They’re also a good source of calcium, zinc, copper, iron and magnesium.
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 Tb hemp seeds
- 1 Tb poppy seeds
- 1 Tb sesame seeds
- 2 Tb melted coconut oil
- 1 Tb pure maple syrup
- Place pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and dates in food processor and blitz for 30 seconds (or until the mixture is in small pieces).
- Add the coconut, sesame seeds, poppy seeds and hemp seeds and do a quick blitz to combine.
- With the processor on low speed, add the coconut oil and maple syrup and combine. If the mixture looks a little dry, add some water to bring it together.
- Press the mixture into a lined brownie tin and place in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Slice into 12 pieces and eat it up! It keeps well in the fridge or freezer.