I LOVE chocolate! It is one of the loves of my life and I could polish off a block of the stuff in one sitting like nobody’s business! And just to be clear, this could so easily be Claire writing this post as it’s definitely a family trait. When we get together it’s all about the chocolate! Sometimes it’s ok, but it’s nice to know you can get the same fix with this recipe and not have the not-so-good side effects of ALL the chocolate. It’s super quick and easy to make, pour into moulds, and possibly enjoy the remainder of it warm with a spoon… YUM!
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 heaped Tb raw cacao
- Put all of the ingredients into a microwave safe jug and microwave for 40 seconds.
- Stir until everything melts and has a smooth consistency.
- Pour into an ice cube tray (you can get creative here – use chocolate moulds or funky shaped ice trays).
- Place in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Pop them out into a container and leave in the fridge or freezer (they do melt pretty quickly if left out!).