When I was a little tacker, my beautiful Nan told me her pancake recipe and it stuck with me.
2 + 2 + 2.
2 cups of flour, 2 eggs and 2 cups of milk. I can’t be sure if that was the entire recipe (help me out here fam!) but that was what I remembered! I have used this recipe through the years but just recently tried swapping out flour for oats and adding a little raw cacao to make them chocolate, because you know, it rocks. Naturally it had to be 2 Tb cacao so as not to mess with the 2 theme! You can top them with anything you like, my current fave is raspberries, cinnamon, flaked almonds and maple syrup… delish!
- 2 cups oats
- 2 eggs (or flax eggs for vegan – see note below)
- 2 cups milk of your choice
- 2 Tb raw cacao
- Place oats in food processor and blitz into flour.
- Add remaining ingredients to food processor and blend until well combined.
- Heat a little oil or butter in frypan and pour in batter to desired size. (you can have a couple of pans going to make it quicker!)
- Once you see bubbles forming, flip and cook the other side.
- Remove from pan and pour in another pancake until you have used all of the batter.
- Place pancakes on a plate and finish with your choice of toppings.
Note: 1 flax egg = 1 Tb ground flax meal + 3 Tb water