I love a good Buddha Bowl for dinner and sometimes even lunch. It’s such an easy and fun way to get your nutrition in. The general rule is you add your carbs, protein and veggies and then anything else that tickles your fancy really! The combinations are endless. What’s really cool is, you can have all the ingredients there ready to go and everyone can make their own the way they like it. This is my go-to fave with tofu, brown rice and a rainbow of veggies. But you can interchange the tofu for chicken or beef, have quinoa instead of rice, the choice is yours. I always like to have some pre-cooked rice or quinoa in the fridge ready to go for things like this! The almond butter sauce is optional but makes it super delicious. The recipe is per person so double or triple to your needs.
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 100g marinated tofu
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 small beetroot
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 1 big handful spinach
- 1 Tb almond butter
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp hot water
- Preheat oven to 200/390 degrees.
- Slice the vegetables (except spinach) into sticks and place on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Cut the tofu into 1cm chucks and fry in a pan until warmed. Throw the spinach in the pan for a minute to wilt.
- Get out your bowl and add the warmed, cooked brown rice on one side.
- Add the tofu and spinach next to the rice.
- Lay your cooked veggies in a rainbow around the bowl.
- Mix the almond butter, soy sauce and water in a little jug and drizzle over your bowl. Yum!