So by now you probably have a good idea that I love baking with bananas. Aaaaand I love to bake muffins. At least once a week at my place. They’re just so easy to knock up, freeze and grab as you need them for lunch boxes or an afternoon snack. Not to mention a great way to use up those over-ripe bananas. Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
- 4 over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 Tb cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 cup of milk of your choice
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg ( or flax egg for vegan – add 1 Tb ground flax to 3 Tb water)
- 1 Tb vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180/350 degrees.
- Add the mashed bananas, milk, egg, vanilla and chia seeds to a medium sized bowl.
- Allow the chia seeds to soak and fatten up for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Add the wet mix to the dry mix and stir to combine.
- Add the coconut oil and stir through.
- Spoon into greased muffin tin and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool in the tin for around 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.