The weather is trying to turn “fallish”, but it is California, so it’s taking a minute. Nonetheless, we have had a couple of chilly mornings and I’ve had a craving for a nice, warming stew full of hearty, healthy goodness. I’ve also been trying to incorporate more Turmeric into the family diet so we can all benefit from its superfood powers and so this stew was born!
I threw together the things I was craving and a good dose of Turmeric and oh, my friends did it deliver the warm, happy tummy feels I was looking for! It literally brought a heart-deep smile to my face and I spent the next few days eating it quite happily.
Get ready for a chilly night in and give this delicious, crockpot warming stew a try. Print
Warming Turmeric Lentil Stew
A delicious stew for chilly nights.Course Main Course Cuisine Indian Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 8 hours Total Time 8 hours 10 minutes Servings 4 Author Claire Bartlett
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 1 Large onion, diced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Curry powder
- 1 Tbsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Ginger
- 4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 1 Cup Red lentils
- 1 Cup Green lentils
- 28oz Tin Diced tomatoes 794 g
- 1 Tbsp Better than Bouillon vegetable base
- 13.5 oz Tin Coconut milk 400 ml
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 Cups Spinach, shredded
- Saute onions and spices in coconut oil for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Stir in the spinach before serving.
- Can be served alone, or over rice.