Bircher Muesli is a raw form of granola and is typically soaked in milk before eating. This is a base recipe heavy on heart-healthy seeds that you can add to or change around based on your likes and preferences. I usually add cinnamon and a little sweetener (maple syrup or stevia drops) and some chopped fresh fruit after it has soaked in almond milk overnight (the original overnight oats!). Some days I’m just not that organized though and it only soaks a few minutes. Either method works!
Super Seeded Bircher Muesli
Course Breakfast Prep Time 10 minutes Servings 20 servings Author Claire Bartlett
- 2 Cups quick oats
- 1/2 Cup raisins/sultanas or other dried fruit
- 1/4 Cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 Cup chia seeds
- 1/4 Cup raw sesame seeds
- 1/4 Cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 Cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 Cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 Cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 Cup raw nuts of your choice, chopped
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir well to mix up.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- To serve, soak 1/4 to 1/2 cup of muesli in enough milk to cover overnight, or for at least 5 minutes.