Sometimes the veganized version of a well known food just isn’t good. But other times you strike gold, like with this vegan custard! It was adapted from a recipe found on good old Pinterest and it worked a treat…which is what it is! Try it with fresh fruit such as blueberries and bananas, or over your fave ice cream. It’s in the regular rotation over here! Print
Course Dessert Cuisine Vegan Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 10 minutes Total Time 15 minutes Servings 4 Author Claire Bartlett
- 1 cup almond milk If you use sweetened or vanilla, adjust the vanilla and maple syrup to taste
- 4 tbsp corn flour/starch
- 1 can coconut milk 13.5 FL OZ/400 ml
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Pinch turmeric optional – for color
- Add almond milk and corn flour to the pot off the heat. Whisk well to combine.
- Add all other ingredients and whisk together.
- Place pot over medium heat and continue to stir.
- When the custard begins to thicken (approximately 4-5 mins), lower heat and continue to stir until it’s at your desired consistency. I like it thick!
- Serve with fruit, drizzled over ice cream or however makes you happy!