Maca is a great supplement for extra energy and vigor and these choc maca energy bars throw in a hit of raw cacao too! Not to mention the goodness of omega threes found in the seeds. Overall these bars pack a nutritional and energy punch and are tasty too! At first taste they reminded me a little of the trusty chocolate crackles from birthday parties as kids! They are very quick and easy to make and store well in the freezer. Give them a go!
Choc maca energy bars
Course Snack Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 1 hour Total Time 1 hour 5 minutes Author Claire Bartlett
- 3 Cups quick oats
- 2 Tbs maca powder
- 1/4 Cup raw cacao
- 1/4 Cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 Cup chia seeds
- Pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 1 Cup peanut butter
- 1/2 Cup coconut oil
- 1/2 Cup maple syrup
- Combine oats, maca powder, raw cacao, hemp and chia seeds. Mix well.
- Combine the peanut butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup and melt over the stove or in the microwave for one minute. Stir well until combined.
- Combine all ingredients and mix until the wet ingredients are worked through.
- Press into a parchment-lined 9×13 inch (23×33 cm) pan and place in the freezer for at least an hour.
- Remove from freezer and cut into the desired size. Stores well in the freezer.