This salad is great as a stand-alone meal or as a side with some protein. Feel free to substitute what you don’t like and add in anything you have in the fridge. Kitchen sink salads (where you throw in everything but the kitchen sink) are the best! This is also an easy one to make if you’re meal prepping and have Brown rice and sweet potatoes ready to go at the start of the week. Print
Cranberry Sweet Potato Salad
Course Main Course, Side Dish Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 45 minutes Total Time 55 minutes Servings 1 as a main Author Claire Bartlett
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red apple, diced
- 1/2 cup cranberries, low sugar
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 sprigs parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- Dash Agave syrup or other sweetener
- Heat oven to 180C/350F. Wash and slice the sweet potato into thick rounds. Place on baking tray and coat with olive oil. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until soft when poked with a fork. Baking time will depend on how thick your rounds are.
- Prepare brown rice according to package directions. I cook mine in the rice cooker then leave it on warm with the lid closed for an extra 10 or so minutes. You could do this while the sweet potato is baking.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry, heavy based fry pan over medium heat until golden. This should take about 2 minutes, but watch carefully so they don’t burn.
- Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake until well combined. Add the desired amount to your salad and devour!