The holidays are a great time to flex your entertaining muscle and try out some new recipes to bring to events. But sometimes you just need something super easy to throw together too. This is especially important when you’re a bit busy prepping for other events, ya know like when your darling child volunteers you to make crepes for their second-grade holiday breakfast. We’re not bringing spoons or plates…we got crepes (and granola bars, even though the other one wanted to bring scrambled eggs – thank you, merciful teacher), lol.
All joking aside though, it is a busy time of year and these Caprese Bites are easy to make and a big hit (side note – my daughter said she would die if she didn’t have these again – big fan). If you’re vegan, try something dairy-free, such as Follow Your Heart mozzarella.
Gotta go make another batch for my little’s lunch!
Caprese salad bites
Course Appetizer Prep Time 15 minutes Author Claire Bartlett
- 1 pint (package) cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 bunch basil leaves
- 8 oz mozzarella ball or small mozzarella balls
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Toothpicks or fun cocktail sticks
- Chop mozzarella into small squares or triangles.
- Find smaller basil leaves or tear larger leaves into smaller pieces and wash.
- Wash cherry/grape tomatoes.
- Thread a basil leaf, piece of mozzarella and a tomato onto a toothpick.
- Arrange sticks on a plate and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.