Jam or jelly, whatever you call it, it’s delicious, but oh so high in no-good-for-you refined sugars. Try this quick and easy chia seed jam instead. It has the added bonus of fiber and omegas from the chia seeds, which act as the setting agent for the jam. You can experiment with substituting other berries and fruits to find your fave too.
Be sure to use organic strawberries, as they have once again topped the EWG dirty list as retaining the most pesticides. No thanks!
Depending on the fruit you choose, you may not need to add any sweetener. If you do, try a little monk fruit sweetener, agave or maple syrup. This jam doesn’t contain preservatives, so it’s best to use it within a week. Print
Strawberry Chia Seed Jam
Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 10 minutes Total Time 20 minutes Servings 2 cups Author Claire Bartlett
- 2 cups organic strawberries
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1-2 Tbsp water
- 1-2 Tbsp monk fruit sweetener/maple syrup/agave syrup (optional)
- Remove stems from strawberries and halve.
- Place strawberries and chia seeds in the blender and process to desired chunkiness. Add a little water if needed.
- Taste and add sweetener, if desired.
- Place jam in a pot and simmer on the stove for approximately 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a mason jar and allow to cool before placing in the fridge.