I was recently introduced to cucumber noodles as an alternative to zucchini noodles, or zoodles. Why it didn’t occur to me to use them before, I’ll never know, because these cucumber noodles make for a deliciously refreshing salad option! Throw in a couple of other veggies and a delish Asian-inspired dressing and you’ve got your cucumber noodle salad made in no time! And I can tell you that the kiddos much prefer cucumber noodles to zucchini.
We had this salad recently with grilled salmon, but you could throw your favorite protein on top and have dinner ready in a flash. This also makes a great big lunch salad on its own.
Cucumber noodle salad
Course Dinner, lunch Cuisine Asian Prep Time 10 minutes Servings 4 sides Author Claire Bartlett
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 carrot
- 2 green/spring onions
- 1 avocado
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp honey (or to taste)
- Spiralize the cucumbers and carrot.
- Thinly slice the green/spring onion then pull apart the circles.
- Slice avocado.
- Combine cucumbers, carrot, and onions in a large bowl by mixing together with your hands.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a small jar and shake until well combined. It may help to warm the honey slightly.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, top with avocado and sprinkle with hemp seeds. If time allows, let the salad absorb the flavors from the dressing for a few minutes before serving.