I make a wonderful slice regularly, but on one occasion I messed up a peanut butter version of the recipe and it wouldn’t stick together into bars. I didn’t want to waste it so I made it into peanut butter granola and it was decadently delicious!
Wow, did my little man love it. He eats it as a snack and for breakfast and I know it’s got some healthy goodness in there for him! Make sure to use a high-quality organic peanut butter, with just peanuts in the ingredients. The chocolate chips are optional and obviously will make it a little less healthy. This is a great high protein option for a delicious start to the day or a fun treat for after dinner! Print
Peanut butter choc chip granola
Course Breakfast Prep Time 5 minutes Cook Time 45 minutes Total Time 50 minutes Servings 3 cups Author Claire Bartlett
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips or cacao nibs, optional
- Preheat oven to 250F/120 C
- Combine the peanut butter and maple syrup in a glass jug and microwave for about 45 seconds to soften.
- Combine all ingredients into a crumbly mixture and spread out on one to two trays.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes. Check often to make sure the granola isn’t burning.
- Allow the granola to cool in the turned off oven once the time is up.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.