If you’re growing a veggie garden this summer you probably have a LOT of zucchini to work with, we certainly do! We’ve been trying a bunch of recipes and experimenting with some of our own and these chocolate zucchini muffins were a big hit like gone in a couple of hours hit! Hot tip – make sure you drain the zucchini after it’s grated. Pop it in a strainer and squeeze it down with paper towels to get out the excess liquid. If you make a double batch they can be frozen too.
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Prep Time 10 minutes Cook Time 20 minutes Servings 12 large muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose/plain flour
- 1/2 cup raw cacao
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk/plant milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 1/2 cup grated zucchini, drained
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper or silicone liners or spray the tin.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In another bowl whisk together the oil, milk, eggs, vanilla, and apple sauce, then stir in the zucchini. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Use an ice cream scoop to fill cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes (about 13 minutes for mini muffins). Cool 5 minutes in the pan, then turn onto a wire rack to cool.